Fonds - Zion United Church (Silverton, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Zion United Church (Silverton, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA PMRCA

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1957-1969 (Creation)
    Creator
    Zion United Church (Silverton, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Silverton was visited by both Methodist and Presbyterian missionaries in the early 1890s. In 1897 Zion Community Church was erected in Silverton for use by all denominations. In 1903, Sandon, Silverton and New Denver were united to form one charge called the New Denver Pastoral Charge. In 1925 after Church Union, Zion Community Church became known as Zion United Church. From 1925 until 1941 Silverton, Sandon and New Denver were part of the New Denver Pastoral Charge. Silverton was part of the Nakusp-New Denver Pastoral Charge from 1942 to 1964. From 1965 to 1984 Silverton was part of the Arrow Lakes-Slocan Pastoral Charge which included Arrow Park, Burton, Edgewood, Nakusp and New Denver. In 1985 Silverton became part of the Kootenay-Slocan Pastoral Charge with New Denver, Kaslo and Procter. Zion United Church continues today to serve the people of Silverton.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of Stewards minutes (1958-1968), and Congregational meetings minutes (1957-1969).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Box list available. Online Finding Aid

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-357

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres