Fonds MS 198;2002.040 - Wood Lake Improvement District fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Wood Lake Improvement District fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA VERN MS 198;2002.040

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1925-1995 (Creation)
    Creator
    Wood Lake Improvement District

Physical description area

Physical description

10 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Wood Lake Water Co. Ltd. was formed in 1910 to take over the works and irrigation system of the Wood Lake Fruitlands Co. Ltd. At a March 19, 1964 meeting, a majority of the shareholders of the Wood Lake Water Co. agreed that the company had served its purpose and voted to dissolve it in favour of an improvement district. On May 4, 1964, the lands were incorporated into the Wood Lake Improvement District. One of the main reasons for the change was the fact that government money (through ARDA) was not available for private companies, but was available for improvement districts. By 1965, ARDA had accepted plans for rehabilitation of the water system. After some delay caused by a disagreement between the project manager and the engineer, the project commenced in April, 1967. Water for the new system became available in 1969 and the chlorinator was in service shortly after. With the promise of a reliable domestic water supply, properties were able to subdivide until the Agicultural Land Freeze was passed by the provincial government in 1973. By 1980, the system was near capacity. In 1983, the WLID agreed to a joint study regarding additional water supply and a possible amalgamation with the Oyama Irrigation District. On January 1, 1996, the WLID assumed the operation and management of the Oyama Water System on behalf of the District of Lake Country. This arrangement continued until the WLID itself became part of the municipality in 1998.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of the administrative records of the Wood Lake Improvement District. Includes correspondence, financial records, legal records, by-laws, reports, lists, certificates, notes, and maps and plans.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: VERN-184

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres