Wilson Heights United Church (Vancouver, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Wilson Heights United Church (Vancouver, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1925-

History

Wilson Heights United Church was founded as Wilson Road Methodist Church. The church was built in 1910. The membership grew quickly, and a new church was built and dedicated in March 1912. This church was named Wilson Heights Methodist Church. In 1925 the congregation came into church union, and was renamed Wilson Heights United Church. A new church was built and opened in 1958. In 1995 Vancouver-South Presbytery established a three point Collingwood - Fraserview - Wilson Heights United Pastoral Charge, but all three met and worshipped at the Wilson Heights church building. In 1998 the Pastoral Charge name was changed back to Wilson Heights, and it was recognized as a one point Charge.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

United Church of Canada British Columbia Conference Archives

Rules and/or conventions used

Rules for Archival Description

Status

Final

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised January 15, 2014

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places