Willow Point Community Club

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Willow Point Community Club

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Willow Point Community Club was founded in 1939 and was a charitable organization that was primarily responsible for managing the Willow Point Hall. The hall was routinely used for various community events such a club meetings, dances, weddings and at one point church services. The club was also responsible for sponsoring a number of other recreational activities in the community of Willow Point including swimming lessons at a local beach and various softball teams. The club undertook a number of fundraising activities including bingo nights, the profits of which were donated to various local sporting clubs, nonprofit organizations, children’s groups and families in need. In 1960 the club purchased 39.1 acres from Elin Thulin in Willow Point and established the Willow Point Park. In 1967 ownership and management of the Park was transferred to the Municipality of Campbell River.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places