Type of entity
Authorized form of name
West Vancouver Ferry Company
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The West Vancouver Ferry Company Limited was the successor to the West Vancouver Transportation Company Limited. The company was created in 1912, and was a joint stock company with the Corporation of the District of West Vancouver as the majority share holder.
John Lawson was the first president of the West Vancouver Ferry Company Limited. At the Annual General Meeting on January 25, 1915 he was succeeded by George Hay.
On March 1, 1916 the Corporation of the District of West Vancouver offered to buy the Ferry Company, subject to the passage of a by-law sanctioning this purchase. The by-law was passed on March 16, 1916. The final meeting of the West Vancouver Ferry Company was held on May 8, 1916.