Fonds MSS 95 - West Langley Community Hall Association fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

West Langley Community Hall Association fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA LCM MSS 95

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1947-1997 (Creation)
    Creator
    West Langley Community Hall Association

Physical description area

Physical description

30 cm of textual records;1 artifact

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The original West Langley Community Hall, located near the intersection of 208th Street and 96th Avenue and built to provide local residents with a gathering place for social and sports activities, was opened in 1934, extended in 1942 and again in 1972, and burnt down in 1976. A new West Langley Community Hall was opened on the same site in 1977. The West Langley Community Hall Association was incorporated as a Society in 1947 and dissolved in 1997.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of an essay, "History of West Langley Community Hall, 1934-1980" by Mrs. Bessie Tregunna (1981), the Hall's membership book (1948-1996), certificates of the Association's incorporation (1947) and dissolution (1997), a guest book from the opening of the new hall (1977), re-registration documents of the Association and its By-laws and amended Constitution (1982), receipt books (1992-1996), a plan of the site for the new Hall (1976), and the official seal of the West Langley Community Hall.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: LCM-2315

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres