West Canadian Hydro Electric Corporation

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

West Canadian Hydro Electric Corporation

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The West Canadian Hydro Electric Corporation was a subsidiary of the Canadian Public Service Corporation Ltd. (together with Canadian Western Telephone Company and Inland Ice and Cold Storage Company). In 1929, it built a new power plant on the Shuswap Falls near Lumby. It provided electricity to cities and villages in the North Okanagan from Salmon Arm to Winfield. It was replaced by the B.C. Power Commission in 1948.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places