West Burnaby United Church

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

West Burnaby United Church

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1948-2016

History

West Burnaby United Church began with roots in the Methodist and Presbyterian churches. Jubilee Methodist Church began as a Sunday School in 1907 in Burnaby and after 1925, became Jubilee United Church. Henderson Presbyterian was established in Burnaby in 1912 and after 1925, became Henderson United Church. In 1936, the two congregations joined together to form Henderson-Jubilee United Church and with the construction of a new building in 1948, the name was changed to West Burnaby United Church. The congregation merged with South Burnaby United Church on January 1, 2017 to form Jubilee United Church.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Related entity

Henderson-Jubilee United Church (Burnaby, B.C.) (1936-1948)

Identifier of the related entity

Category of the relationship

temporal

Type of relationship

Henderson-Jubilee United Church (Burnaby, B.C.)

is the predecessor of

West Burnaby United Church

Dates of the relationship

1948

Description of relationship

Henderson-Jubilee United Church was renamed West Burnaby United Church in 1948 with the dedication of its new church building.

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

United Church of Canada British Columbia Conference

Rules and/or conventions used

Rules for Archival Description

Status

Final

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised December 13, 2016

Language(s)

  • English

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places