University of British Columbia. Players' Club

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

University of British Columbia. Players' Club

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1915-1966

History

The Players' Club was founded at the University of British Columbia in 1915 by Frederic Wood who served as honourary president and director of all plays staged from 1916 to 1931. The objective of the organization was to provide training in the theatre arts for UBC students. Each spring and fall, the club performed one act plays throughout the province. Such tours contributed significantly to the cultural life of B.C. and helped integrate the activities of the university with the outlying areas of the province. The Players' Club disbanded in 1966 following the institution of the Department of Theatre at UBC - however, it was revived in the 1990s.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places