Fonds - Turner Memorial United Church (New Denver, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Turner Memorial United Church (New Denver, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCCBC

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1921-1950 (Creation)
    Creator
    Turner Memorial United Church (New Denver, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

4 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The first Methodist services in New Denver were held in the hotel dining-room, ca. 1890, and a church was built two years later. The circuit included Nakusp, Sandon, Slocan City, and smaller points and mining camps in the Slocan Valley. In 1904, Nakusp was separated from the New Denver circuit. A Presbyterian field including New Denver and Silverton, with headquarters at Nakusp, was set up in 1896. Knox Presbyterian Church (New Denver) was built in 1897. After union, the New Denver pastoral charge included Silverton (Zion) and Sandon. In 1940, the Nakusp-New Denver pastoral charge was formed, but travel proved to be inconvenient, and New Denver again separated in 1947, although it was supplied from Nakusp. In 1963, the yearbook included New Denver in the Arrow Lakes-Slocan Pastoral Charge, where it remained until 1984. From 1985 until the present, New Denver (Turner Memorial) has been part of the Kootenay-Slocan pastoral charge, which also includes Kaslo (St. Andrew's), Proctor, and Silverton (Zion).

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records from New Denver Pastoral Charge, Nakusp-New Denver Pastoral Charge and Turner Memorial United Church (New Denver, B.C.). Records include a Marriage register (civil) (1921-1950); District Board minutes (1931-1932) and Amalgamated Board minutes (1940-1945); and cash book (1925-1935).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-207

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area