The history of Trinity United Church, Port Coquitlam is related to the complex history of the Presbyterian and Methodist work in Maple Ridge, Pitt Meadows and New Westminster. Occasional Methodist services were held in Maple Ridge as early as 1865, and in 1872-1873 a Methodist Church was built half way between Haney and Hammond. This area was included in the New Westminster Circuit of the Methodist Church until 1876, when the Maple Ridge Circuit was formed. The Maple Ridge Circuit included preaching points at Albion, Whonnock, Johnson's Landing, Mission, Port Kells, Matsqui and Dewdney. The church was moved in 1891 from the original site near the river to a property on River Road. This church was closed in 1926, and the congregation was split between new United Churches in Haney and Hammond. Presbyterian work began in Coquitlam when a congregation was formed as early as 1904, and met in the Westminster Junction Hall; by 1911, a church building was erected at Port Coquitlam, and was named St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church. With church union in 1925, St. Andrew's Presbyterian became Trinity United Church, Port Coquitlam, and the Pastoral Charge also included a congregation at Essondale. By 1929, Trinity United, Port Coquitlam was put into a Coquitlam-Hammond Pastoral Charge, which also included Pitt River. From 1940 to 1948, Coquitlam Pastoral Charge was formed, and included Keary Street United Church in New Westminster. Then from 1949 to 1960, Trinity United was a part of the Coquitlam-Pitt Meadows Pastoral Charge. Finally, in 1961, Trinity United became a one point Port Coquitlam Pastoral Charge, which is how things remain today (2002).