Fonds - St. Peter's Parish (Williams Lake, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Peter's Parish (Williams Lake, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1916-1918, 1926-1987 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. Peter's Parish (Williams Lake, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

108.5 cm of textual records and other material

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Church work began as the Mission of St. John the Divine, Chilcotin in 1916 with headquarters at Beaver Ranch, Hanceville under the auspices of St. John the Divine Parish, Kennington, England. The mission work lapsed in 1919 and was reopened in 1926 with headquarters at Williams Lake. The smaller outstations were grouped into the Central Cariboo Mission (also called Chilcotin Mission), with headquarters at St. Luke, Alexis Creek, from about 1963 to 1975. The parish currently includes the Alexis Creek congregation.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of parish registers, baptism register (1940-1959), marriage register (1974-1985), civil registers (1927-1982), service registers (1926-1987), vestry and parish council records (1927-1986), building committee records, correspondence, reports, legal records, financial records, membership lists, statistics, women's organizations records, youth organization records, notes, historical files, histories, printed material, posters, photographs, architectural records. Includes records of Sunday School Van activity in the parish. Includes Alexis Creek, St. Luke; Alkali Lake; Anahim Lake; Big Creek, St. James; Black Creek; Bradley Creek; Bridge Lake; Buckskin Creek; Buffalo Creek; Canim Lake; Chezacut; Chimney Lake; Dog Creek; Dugan Lake; Eagle Creek, St. Andrew; Empire Valley; Forest Grove, St. Catherine; Hanceville; Hawkins Lake; Horsefly; Keithley Creek; Kleena Kleene; Lac La Hache; Likely; Lone Butte; McLeese Lake; Meldrum Creek; Miocene; 100 Mile House; 122 Mile House; 150 Mile House; Puntzi Mountain, R.C.A.F.; Redstone; Riske Creek; Soda Creek; Springhouse; Tatla Lake; Watch Lake. Parish registers include: baptisms (1916-1918, 1926-1939, 1959-1983), confirmations (1918, 1927-1986), marriages (1916, 1918, 1947-1986), burials (1916-1916-1918, 1927-1987).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: ANGCAR-290

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres