Fonds - St. Paul's United Church (McBride, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Paul's United Church (McBride, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1921-1992 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. Paul's United Church (McBride, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

53 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1914-1986)

Biographical history

The first church in McBride was built by the Methodist Church in 1914. In 1917, work in the district was turned over to the Presbyterians, who named the charge McBride-Lucerne. When Lucerne closed in 1923, it became known as McBride. From church union (1925) until 1935 St. Paul's United Church was a single point charge. According to the United Church Yearbooks, from 1936 to 1946 St. Paul's United Church was part of the McBride-Giscome Pastoral Charge, which included Knox United Church (Giscome, B.C.) St. Paul's was again a single point charge from 1946 until 1977. From 1977 to 1978 St. Paul's United Church was part of the McBride-Valemount Pastoral Charge, which included Calvary United Church (Valemount, B.C.). The charge was renamed Robson Valley Pastoral Charge in 1978. It was subsumed under Robson Valley Shared Ministry, an ecumenical shared ministry of Anglican and United Churches in McBride and Valemount, in 1986.

Name of creator

Name of creator

(1960-1986)

Administrative history

Originally, Valemount United Church was a preaching point of the McBride Pastoral Charge, and met in a hall. The congregation began building a sanctuary and Christian Education building from about 1960. In 1966, the congregation was named Calvary United Church, and in October 1967, the building was dedicated. Although the Pastoral Charge had become known as Valemount-McBride, the name changed to Robson Valley Pastoral Charge by 1978. In 1986, Calvary entered a shared ministry with the Anglican Church, the Robson Valley Shared Ministry.

Name of creator

Name of creator

(1986-)

Administrative history

The Robson Valley Shared Ministry came into existence in August 1986, as a joint ministry of the Anglican Church and the United Church in the communities of McBride and Valemount. The Shared Ministry consists of McBride Anglican-United Church and Valemount Anglican-United Church.

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records from St. Paul's Presbyterian Church, St. Paul's United Church, Calvary United Church, McBride-Valemount Pastoral Charge, Robson Valley Shared Ministry and Robson Valley Pastoral Charge. Records include Baptismal registers (1927-1933), Marriage registers (1921-1974) (civil), Burial register (1951); Membership rolls (1926-1934); Board and committee records (1921-1986); Property records (1973-1974); Women's group records (1934-1972); Men's group records (1953-1955); Youth group records (1951); Correspondence/subject files (1936-1974); Congregational financial records (1924-1986); and Annual reports (1966-1992).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Records were transferred to the Archives by St. Paul's United Church in 1975, and from Robson Valley Shared Ministry in 1998.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Robson Valley Mission fonds, Anglican Diocese of Cariboo Archives

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-198

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

MCB SP

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Rules for Archival Description

Status

Final

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised August 21, 2014
Revised July 25, 2016

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area