St. Mungo Cannery (Delta, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

St. Mungo Cannery (Delta, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The St. Mungo Cannery, located in Sunbury, North Delta, opened in 1899. It was operated by the St. Mungo Fish Processing Company (investors were from Glasgow, Scotland). The company operated under the St. Mungo Fish Packing Company until 1921. In 1929 the company was dissolved. The cannery reopened in 1931, run by Sunbury Packers. In 1933 Richard and Norman Nelson of Nelson Brothers Fisheries purchased the cannery. They specialized in canning and canning salmon and herring. During the 1940's the company was bought into by the British Columbia Packers Limited. The cannery was used for fish processing until 1957, after which it was only used for net storage. In 1972 the company was incorporated into B.C. Packers. In 1981 the land was sold to the Provincial Ministry of Highways.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places