St. Mary's School (Dawson, Y.T.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

St. Mary's School (Dawson, Y.T.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

St. Marys School Convent (Dawson, Yukon Territory) opened in 1899, as the first school in Dawson. It set a precedent in the Yukon, as it received government funding. . The school moved from a site near the hospital; to a corner lot in town. Dwindling school population followed the decline of Dawson, leading to the close of the school in 1963.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places