Fonds - St. John's Parish (Quathiaski Cove, Quadra Island, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. John's Parish (Quathiaski Cove, Quadra Island, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1915-1976 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. John's Parish (Quathiaski Cove, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

5.5 cm of textual records;1 architectural record

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Quathiaski Cove was served by the Columbia Coast Mission by 1913. The Church of St. John the Evangelist was dedicated on November 1, 1917. In 1918, Quathiaski Cove was the base for the Northern Mission. Its clergy position was vacant in 1919 and 1920. A priest was assigned to the Mission by 1921, but by 1924 it was served only by an itinerant missionary. In 1926 the assistant priest at Alert Bay was also in charge of the Northern Mission. In 1928, Quathiaski Cove was served by the Columbia Coast Mission while the Northern Mission position was again vacant. In 1931 a "vicar" was appointed to "Port Alice and the Northern Mission," while Quathiaski Cove remained within the Columbia Coast Mission (with Campbell River). St. John's, Quathiaski Cove was affiliated with St. Peter's, Campbell River, in 1955.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of parish registers, women's organization records, architectural record. Parish registers includes: baptisms (1935-1958), confirmations (1945, 1957), marriages (1934-1961), burials (1934-1976).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: ANGBC-214

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres