Fonds - St. George's Parish (Kingcome Inlet, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. George's Parish (Kingcome Inlet, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1934-1998 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. George's Parish (Kingcome Inlet, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

6cm of textual records; architectural drawings

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

St. George's Church was consecrated in 1938. Prior to that, missionary activity began among the Kwagiutl at Kingcome Inlet, as early as the 1890's, in connection with the Church Missionary Society (C.M.S.) mission station at Alert Bay on Vancouver Island. By the late 1920's the missionary work at Kingcome had been transferred to the Columbia Coast Mission and the church was built at Kincome Inlet in 1938. In 1963 the Diocese of New Westminster assumed responsibility for Kingcome. Since 1963, the Diocese has ministered to the Kingcome church in a variety of ways. From 1963 to 1967, a full time Priest in Charge served the community, with a Columbia Coast Mission boat visiting every six weeks to offer medical services. The Mission also donated a boat, the M.V. 'Che Kwa La", to facilitate area ministry. A Church Army captain served as a Lay Evangelist from 1967 to 1969. A priest was appointed in June 1971 and served until September 1973. The parish has since been served from the Synod office, including visits from the bishop and various staff members to Kingcome. From March 1989 to October 1991 a priest from the Diocese of B.C., serving in Alert Bay ministered for one week a month in Kingcome.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of parish registers (1934-1987).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid is available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: ANGBC-689

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres