St. Anns School (Duncan) was established in 1864 for aboriginal girls. Daughters of pioneers and girls who were transferred from St. Anns Academy, Victoria, attended the Duncan school until 1904, when it became St. Anns Boys School. From 1956 to 1964 it was a day school for both boys and girls. St. Anns closed as a school in 1964, but continued as a residence for Sisters, some of whom taught at St. Catherines day school and Queen of Angels parochial school. In 1979, the St. Anns School property was leased to the Vancouver Island Providence Community Association.