St. Ann's Academy (Kamloops, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

St. Ann's Academy (Kamloops, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

St. Ann's Academy was established in Kamloops, B.C., by the Sisters of St. Ann in 1880 in a small house on the Kamloops flats by the river. A later building was erected on a hillside overlooking the city. Originally a boarding school, it was rebuilt as a day school after a fire in 1945. The Sisters withdrew in 1985. The school is still operated by the Christian Brothers and lay staff.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places