Fonds - St. Andrew's United Church (North Vancouver, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Andrew's United Church (North Vancouver, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCCBC

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1903-2000 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. Andrew's United Church (North Vancouver, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

2.91 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Presbyterian work began in North Vancouver in 1903 with the appointment of a theological student to a summer mission field, which included North Vancouver. In January, 1904, property was purchased and St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was opened in November. In December, 1912, a new building (the present church) replaced the original church building. In 1907, a Methodist congregation began meeting in the Orange Hall on Lonsdale until the Fourth Street Methodist Church was opened in October, 1907. By 1910, the Sixth Street Methodist Church had replaced the Fourth Street building. In 1925, both St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church and the Sixth Street Methodist Church voted to enter the United Church. On January 1, 1926, both these churches amalgamated to form St. Andrew's United Church. St. Andrew's continued as the sanctuary for the amalgamated congregation while the Sixth Street church building became a hall and gymnasium used for church youth work.

Name of creator

Name of creator

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records from the Fourth Street Methodist Church, Sixth Street Methodist Church, St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church and St. Andrew's United Church (North Vancouver, B.C.). Records include Baptism registers (1914-1969), Marriage registers (1905-1996) and Burial registers (1910-1974); Circuit register (1910-1927), Historic roll (1905-1931), Communion registers (1930-1948) and Membership certificates (1913-1965); Session minutes (1904-1973) and correspondence (1934-1953), Stewards/Board of Managers minutes (1903-1967), Official Board minutes (1907-1971), Church Council and Executive minutes, reports and correspondence (1972-1994), Trustees minutes (1912-1924), Congregational Meetings minutes (1926-1994), Missionary and Maintenance Committee minutes (1934-1964), Music Committee minutes and correspondence (1965-1967), Christian Development Committee minutes (1971-1972), Sacraments, Liturgy and Worship Committee minutes and correspondence (1973-1988), Building Equipment Committee minutes and reports, donations correspondence (1955-1959) and Financial statements (1959-1960); Ladies Aid records (1910-1957)), Woman's Association records (1931-1966), Woman's Missionary Society records (1937-1961), United Church Women records (1962-2000); As One That Serves minutes (1925-1927); Sunday School minutes (1924-1950), Cradle Roll (1913) and "St. Andrew's Sunday School Story" (church history) (1980); Young People's Society minutes (1931-1937), Young People's Union minutes (1940-1942), Young Adult's Group minutes (1947-1950), Young Adults Fellowship minutes (1950-1996), Young Adults Fellowship correspondence (1975-1993), Hi-C Club minutes (1961-1967), Hi-C Club Memorabilia/Reunions (1965-1980), Canadian Girls in Training Turtles Group minutes (1959-1960), Explorers minutes (1958-1965) and Memorabilia (no date) and Trail Rangers minutes (1935-1941); Choir roll (1934-1944), Anthem Listing (c.1941-1954) and Recipe Book (1955); Fiftieth Anniversary Committee records (1975-1976); Church Histories, William Stott's "The Story of St. Andrew's United Church 1865-1937," J. S. Terry's "St. Andrew's United Church North Vancouver, 1925-1975" and historical memorabilia (no date); Annual reports (1923-1996), Annual Financial reports (1975-1996).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Box list available. Online Finding Aid

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-277

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area