Fonds - St. Andrew's (Haney) United Church (Maple Ridge, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Andrew's (Haney) United Church (Maple Ridge, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds

Level of description


Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1925-2013 (Creation)
    St. Andrew's (Haney) United Church (Maple Ridge, B.C.)
  • 1891-1925 (Creation)
    St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Haney, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

3.6 m of textual records and other material

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator


Administrative history

St. Andrew's United Church, located in Haney (originally called Port Haney) and Maple Ridge District Municipality, began as a Presbyterian congregation. Regular services were commenced in 1875 and St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church was built in 1888. St. Andrew's was the centre for a wider field which included congregations at Hammond, Westminster Junction, Lillooet (now Yennadon), Pitt Meadows, Whonnock, and Albion. Whonnock and Albion were combined in a separate charge in 1912. After church union in 1925, and subsequent to the closing of Maple Ridge United Church (formerly Methodist) in 1926, the Maple Ridge area churches were rearranged into two charges: Haney and Hammond. Haney included St. Andrew's as well as Whonnock and Albion. Whonnock became separate again in 1930, and in 1937 the Haney-Hammond Pastoral Charge was created, embracing St. Andrew's, Hammond, and Websters Corners. Websters Corners was attached to the Whonnock charge in 1953. In 1960, Haney and Hammond were again separated into St. Andrew's (Haney) Pastoral Charge and Hammond-Pitt Meadows Pastoral Charge. St. Andrew's was transferred from Westminster Presbytery to Fraser Presbytery in 1959, but in 1981 it was transferred back to Westminster Presbytery. St. Andrew’s amalgamated with Hammond to become Golden Ears United Church in 2012. The new congregation worships in the building formerly known as St. Andrew’s in Haney.

Name of creator


Administrative history

Name of creator

Name of creator


Administrative history

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records from St. Andrew's United Church, St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Haney-Hammond, Haney-Whonnock, and Haney-Albion Pastoral Charge. Records include Baptismal registers (1923-2011), Marriage registers (1924-1985), Burial registers (1944-2011); Communion roll (1925-1970), Historic rolls (1970-2012); Board and committee records (1891-2013); Legal/property records (1887-2006); Women's group records (1920-2012); Men's group records (1951-1964); Youth group records (1947-1983); Other group records (1965-1999); Correspondence (1931-1990); Worship service bulletins (1959-1965); Scrapbooks (1950-1986); Financial records (1943-2013); Annual reports (1938-2012); Newsletters (1975-2002); Photographs (1947-2012); and Sound and moving images (1965, 2007-2008).

Notes area

Physical condition


Immediate source of acquisition

Records transferred directly from the congregation.


Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File list available: Online Finding Aid

Associated materials


Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-195

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier


Institution identifier

United Church of Canada British Columbia Conference Archives

Rules or conventions

Rules for Archival Description



Level of detail


Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised January 13, 2014
Revised March 21, 2016

Language of description

  • English

Script of description


Accession area