Fonds - St. Andrew's United Church (Enderby, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Andrew's United Church (Enderby, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds

Level of description


Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1963-1972 (Creation)
    Malakwa United Church
  • 1963-1972 (Creation)
    Sicamous United Church
  • 1925-2002 (Creation)
    St. Andrew's United Church (Enderby, B.C.)
  • 1888-1925 (Creation)
    St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Enderby, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

41 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

St. Andrew's United Church in Enderby was formed in 1925 from the union of Enderby Methodist Church, which was established sometime in the 1880's, and St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, which was established ca. 1886. Enderby Methodist Church was part of the larger Spallumcheen Mission until 1892 when Spallumcheen was divided into Enderby and Vernon Missions. The Enderby Mission consisted of various appointments: Enderby, Armstrong, Knob Hill, Lansdowne and Round Prairie. In 1911 Armstrong was separated from Enderby. Similar to the Methodist organization which, however, was centred more at Armstrong, St. Andrew's Presbyterian was part of the Spallumcheen Presbyterian Congregation which, in 1911, also was divided into Enderby and Armstrong. The Enderby Presbyterian work also included a congregation at Hullcar. After union in 1925 the Enderby Pastoral Charge consisted of various connected points besides St. Andrew's: Deep Creek, Hullcar, Grandview Bench, Mara and Kingfisher. By 1970 the charge consisted of congregations at Sicamous and Malakwa, and since 1977 Enderby has consisted of St.Andrew's only. Since 1925 the charge has belonged to Kamloops-Okanagan Presbytery.

Name of creator

Biographical history

Name of creator

Name of creator

Biographical history

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of the records from St. Andrew's United Church, St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, Malakwa United Church and Sicamous United Church. Some Presbyterian records were destroyed in a manse fire in 1919.

Records include Baptism, marriage and burial records (1919-2002); Membership records (1888-1967); Board and committee records (1892-1983); Women's group records (1904-1967); Annual reports (1967-1994); and Newsletters (1989-1994).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Records were transferred by St. Andrew's United Church in 1977, 1982, 1985, 1987, and 2016.


Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File list available Online Finding Aid

Associated materials

Doris Shipmaker fonds, Enderby and District Museum and Archives


Further accruals expected

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-151

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier


Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Rules for Archival Description



Level of detail


Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised August 22, 2014
Revised March 16, 2017

Language of description

  • English

Script of description


Accession area