Fonds - St. Andrew's United Church (Chase, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Andrew's United Church (Chase, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1904-1980 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. Andrew's United Church (Chase, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

28 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1925-2016)

Administrative history

Chase Presbyterian Church began with the formation of a Sunday school in 1908; a church was built in 1910 and a membership roll drawn up in 1911. It was created as part of the Shuswap Mission Field which had been organized in 1903. After Church Union in 1925, the congregation became Chase United Church and was renamed in the 1950s as St. Andrew's United Church. As a pastoral charge up to 1950, Chase included points at Mount Ida, Notch Hill and Tappen. From 1950 to 1959, St. Andrew's was part of the North Kamloops Pastoral Charge. From 1960 to 1979, it was once more a separate charge. It became part of an ecumenical shared ministry in 1979, which included the Anglican parishes of the Shuswap Lakes. The pastoral charge name came to be known as St. Andrew’s/All Saints Shared Ministry. On October 30, 2016, the shared ministry was disbanded.

Name of creator

Biographical history

Name of creator

Biographical history

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of the records of St. Andrew's United Church and its predecessors, Chase Presbyterian Church and Chase United Church. Records include Baptism registers (1904-1980), Marriage registers (1939-1980), and Burial registers (1904-1980); Managers/Stewards minutes (1914-1931), Stewards minutes (1934-1967), Congregational Meetings minutes (1913-1967); Ladies Aid minutes (1909-1961) and financial records (1909-1952), and United Church Women minutes (1962-1970); Sunday School minutes (1915-1924); and Congregational financial records (1914-1931).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File list available. Online Finding Aid

Associated materials

Parish of Shuswap Lakes fonds, Anglican Diocese of Kootenay Archives

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-134

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Rules for Archival Description

Status

Final

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised August 21, 2014

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area