Type of entity
Authorized form of name
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church (Vancouver, B.C.)
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church was organized in 1888, with the support of First Presbyterian Church, which had been organized in 1885.
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian was to serve the west side of Vancouver. A small church was built and opened in July 1888. The first minister was Rev. E.D. McLaren. Within a year, the congregation had outgrown the first building, and a new church on Georgia and Richards was opened and dedicated in May 1890. In 1904, a Sunday school building was opened, and in 1906, the church building was enlarged.
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian voted to enter Church Union in 1925, and was the site on June 10, 1925 of the service of celebration of union for The United Church of Canada in B.C.
Functions, occupations and activities
Mandates/sources of authority
Access points area
Subject access points
Place access points
Authority record identifier
United Church of Canada British Columbia Conference Archives
Rules and/or conventions used
Rules for Archival Description
Level of detail
Dates of creation, revision and deletion
Created August 17, 2017