Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Salmon Arm (B.C. : District Municipality)
Physical description area
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The District Municipality of Salmon Arm was incorporated in 1905. It used a ward system to allocate public funds. The first District Council included J. Harbell, R. Hobson, W. Baker, D. Sinclair, J. Johnson and H. Donnelly.
On March 12, 1912, the City of Salmon Arm was incorporated. R.K. Scales was the city's first mayor. Aldermen were: W.L. Gibbard, J.E. Lacey, F.C. Haydock, G.M. Warren and W.R. Greenaway. The District continued to be governed separately.
With the incorporation of the City, the District Municipality lost part of the territory it originally controlled and many taxpayers. The city boundaries did not include one complete ward of the district.
The municipality and city were reunited on September 1, 1970 with the governing council of the new District of Salmon Arm. The members of both councils completed their terms of office and a complete council was elected.