Fonds - Proctor United Church fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Proctor United Church fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCCBC

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1939-1950 (Creation)
    Creator
    Proctor United Church

Physical description area

Physical description

2.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

In 1908, Presbyterian mission work began in Procter, B.C. A mission boat ("The Stanley") was purchased to assist the missionary to visit the growing population of the Arrow Lakes area. In time, this became known as the Kootenay Waterways Mission. The mission came into the United Church in 1925. In 1936, the Procter Pastoral Charge was formed, serving other preaching places such as Balfour, Boswell, Cranford Bay, Ainsworth, Harrop, Riondel and other settlements. From 1936 to 1952, Proctor United Church had its own minister, but between 1952 and 1957, it was served by the minister of St. Paul's United Church (Nelson, B.C.). Another minister from Fairview United Church (Nelson, B.C.) served Proctor United Church from 1957 to 1970. Between 1970 and 1980, Procter became a preaching point of the Kaslo Pastoral Charge. In the next five years, the Kaslo-Procter Pastoral Charge was formed. By 1985, Kaslo and Procter both became preaching points of the Kootenay-Slocan Pastoral Charge. Proctor United Church was closed in 1986.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of a Baptism register (1939-1940) and a Marriage register (1946-1950); and a Membership roll (1947).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-309

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres