Fonds - Presbyterian Woman's Missionary Society, British Columbia Synod Branch fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Presbyterian Woman's Missionary Society, British Columbia Synod Branch fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1906-1926 (Creation)
    Creator
    Presbyterian Church in Canada. Woman's Missionary Society. British Columbia Synod Branch

Physical description area

Physical description

26 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1903-1925)

Administrative history

The Presbyterian Woman's Missionary Society, nationally organized with a few auxiliaries in B.C., was originally concerned with foreign missions. Both native Indian and Chinese work in B.C. (as they were known at the time) were included as foreign. As an outgrowth of the committee, which supported the Atlin Hospital, a new organization emerged in 1903: the Woman's Home Missionary Society. In 1914, the two societies were united nationally as the Woman's Missionary Society and a provincial synod branch was organized. In addition to its support for the Atlin Hospital and a hospital at Telegraph Creek, it took special interest in the Loggers' Mission. Support was also give to Indian Residential and Day Schools at Alberni, Ahousaht, and Ucluelet. After church union in 1925, the society was merged into the Woman's Missionary Society of the United Church of Canada.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of the following record series: Minutes of Synod Branch meetings (1914-1926); Minutes and other records of presbyterial branches, including Victoria, Westminster and Kamloops (1906-1926); and Presbyterial accounts (1912-1926).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Accession was not documented at the time of transfer; records were received prior to 2006

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File list available

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-44

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

ChPr 5

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Rules for Archival Description

Status

Final

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised June 20, 2019

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area