Our Lady of the Snows Mission (Nulato, Alaska)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Our Lady of the Snows Mission (Nulato, Alaska)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Sisters of St. Ann arrived in Nulato, Alaska, in 1899 to share in ministries begun a decade earlier by the Jesuits. The Sisters taught at a day school and shared in parish ministries. The Nulato group was reassigned in 1906 to respond to a need for help in Fairbanks, left again 1n 1908 when a public school teacher arrived, and returned to Nulato in 1909.The Sisters left in 1969. In 1972, a Sister of St. Ann was religious education coordinator. Subsequently, the Sisters helped with Adult Education programs and traveled among the regional villages: Koyukuk, Galena, Ruby, Kalskag, Huslia.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places