The North Okanagan Artificial Breeding Club was established June 29, 1944 following a demonstration of artificial insemination held at the farm of H.D. McCallan. Dave Jones from North Enderby was elected chairman, and ten directors were elected to represent farmers from Salmon Arm, Enderby and Armstrong areas. There were 226 members. The board of directors rented the William Jones property in North Enderby to house bulls supplied by the Federal Government. The club started with Jersey, Ayshire, Holstein and Guernsey bulls, and a Shorthorn bull was added later. Breeding fees were five dollars. The club hired a technician and provided semen for its member farmers. In 1948 the provincial government took over the service and shipped frozen semen to a technician Armstrong. The club found itself with a deficit. The directors bought the rented property in 1948 and sold it in 1955 at a profit, enough to pay off its debts. The club was disbanded in 1955.