Nanaimo and District Fish and Game Protective Association

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Nanaimo and District Fish and Game Protective Association

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

In 1954, the Nanaimo Gun Club and the Nanaimo Fish and Game
Association officially merged to become the Nanaimo and District Fish and Game Protective Association. A form of the club had been in existence as early as 1905 when a a local group organized in response to a provincial government plan to sell all hunting rights on Vancouver Island to American interests.
The club promotes fishing, hunting and other outdoor recreational pursuits and wildlife conservation. The NDFGPA also teaches the Conservation and Outdoor Recreation program (CORE) and works cooperatively with provincial agencies on the Vancouver Island marmot project, deer counts, lake and stream monitoring, and elk relocations. In addition, many members serve on various regional, provincial and national Boards and Committees dealing with wildlife
and fisheries management issues.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC