Mount St. Mary Hospital (Victoria, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Mount St. Mary Hospital (Victoria, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Mount St. Mary Hospital was erected in Victoria by the Sisters of St. Ann in 1941-1942 as a long-term care home ("home for the aged and chronic cases"), as an adjunct to the nearby St. Joseph's Hospital. In 1965, Mount St. Mary was asked to initiate an extended care program. A Board of Management was formed in 1967 and a constitution and bylaws were approved in 1968. The Board consisted of nine members: six appointed by the Sisters of St. Ann, one appointed by the medical staff, and one by the city government.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places