Fonds Microfilm Reels 37A, 111A(2), 112A - Metropolitan United Church (Victoria, B.C.) fonds : 1859-1949

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Metropolitan United Church (Victoria, B.C.) fonds : 1859-1949

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA BCA Microfilm Reels 37A, 111A(2), 112A

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [Microfilmed 196-] (Creation)
    Creator
    Metropolitan United Church (Victoria, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

3 microfilm reels

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1925-1997)

Administrative history

Metropolitan United Church was created in 1925 when Metropolitan Methodist Church entered church union. The building, constructed in 1891, was located at the corner of Pandora Avenue and Quadra Street. Shortly after union, First Congregational Church joined Metropolitan United. In 1997, Metropolitan amalgamated with First United Church to form First Metropolitan United Church, making its home at the former First United on Balmoral Road at Quadra Street. The Metropolitan United Church building was sold to the Victoria Conservatory of Music.

Name of creator

(1859-1925)

Administrative history

Metropolitan Methodist Church was originally known as Pandora Avenue Methodist Church, founded in 1859. Services began in the Victoria police barracks in February, 1859. In May, 1860, Pandora Street Methodist Church was opened and dedicated at the corner of Pandora Avenue and Broad Street. This church was expanded in 1872, but by the 1890s it was too small. New property was purchased, and a new church building was opened in May, 1891. At that point, the congregation changed its name to Metropolitan Methodist Church. Metropolitan Methodist Church entered church union in 1925, becoming Metropolitan United Church. At church union in 1925, the congregation became Metropolitan United Church.

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of minutes of trustee's meetings as well as quarterly board meetings of the Metropolitan United Church and its predecessor, the Metropolitan Methodist Church.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: BCA-1959

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres