Title and statement of responsibility area
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1978 - 1982 (Creation)
Physical description area
cm of textual material
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Scope and content
File consists of correspondence with Merritt Publishing, 443 University Avenue, Toronto.
File consists of the following items :
• 27 November 1978: plan to publish an autobiographical book by Ted Harrison titled The Last Horizon. Merritt planned to commission (and own) the paintings, create a suite of limited edition prints, a limited edition book and a trade edition of the book.
• 12 February 1980: TH delivered the materials for the screen prints.
• 30 January 1981: the book was being considered by the jury of the Governor General’s Awards.
• 2 September 1981: Merritt states that it was their “biggest hit so far.”
• 27 July 1982: TH’s lawyer notes that Merritt was in receivership.