The Meridian Heights Farmers Institute was formed in the early 1930s (exact date unknown, however the first available Minutes from January 4th, 1932 make mention of thanks to be given to Mr. Morris, Mr. Gillis, and Mr. Martin for their assistance in the formation of the institute). Farmers Institutes were created by district under the jurisdiction of the Department of Agriculture and the Superintendent of Farmers' Institutes. The Superintendent served as a Director on each local board. Meetings of the Meridian Heights Farmers Institute were held in Glen School for several meetings in 1932 until the Institute moved its regular meetings to Victoria Hall School. The Institute met to discuss issues relating to the community including road development, land development, employment, worker's rights, price of goods, buildings etc., and they also organized and held social gatherings with the women's auxiliary at the Meridian Heights Farmers Institute Hall (also known as Victoria Hall and Dogpatch Hall). The Farmers Institute served as the centre of the community that was very isolated in the early days of settlement. The Institute was later replaced by the Ratepayers Association in the 1950s.