Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
On Nov. 30, 1944, at a meeting of the rate payers of Lytton, incorporation was discussed. At that time, Lytton had three commissioners: A.C. Whitley, Alex Strang, and M.A.Dyce, and a citizens committee: Dr. J.P. Ellis, Alex Strang, A. Medori, Chas. Arnold, and C. Rebagliati. It was decided that both groups merge, with A. Strang as chairman and M.A. Dyce as secretary. In the Letters Patent of May 3rd, 1945, John P. Ellis, Alex Strang and M.A.Dyce were appointed as Board of Commissioners of the municipality, who should hold office until the first annual election of Dec. 1945. On July 16, 1945, M.A. Dyce resigned as secretary because he was a non-property owner. The first Village clerk was B.G. Forsythe. Election day, 1945, the new commissioners elected were A.C. Whitley, F.R. Bailey and S.E. Keeble. A.C. Whitley was elected Chairman of the Board of Commissioners for the 1946 term. Miss Ann C. Rebagliati was hired as the Village Clerk. Over the years the longest serving Mayors have been Thomas Taverna, 1949-1969; Vic Loring 1974-1984; and Joseph A. Chute, 1985-1999.