A.L. Fortune Secondary School

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

A.L. Fortune Secondary School

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1978-

History

Enderby Public School was built in 1902 to accommodate elementary and high school students. In 1913 a brick two-storey building, named Fortune School, was built to replace the small public school. It was known variously as Enderby High School, Enderby Junior Secondary, A.L. Fortune Junior Secondary, and M.V. Beattie Elementary School. In 1978, following a devastating fire, A.L. Fortune Secondary School was built for students grades 8 through 12. The high school served Enderby and District, including the communities of Springbend, Grindrod, Mara, North Enderby, Ashton Creek and Kingfisher.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places