Fonds 986.5 - Knox United Church (Prince George, B.C.) fonds : 1911-1982

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Knox United Church (Prince George, B.C.) fonds : 1911-1982

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA FFG 986.5

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • [Photocopied 198-?] (Creation)
    Creator
    Knox United Church (Prince George, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

10 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1925-)

Administrative history

Between 1910 and 1914, one Methodist and three Presbyterian congregations were established in the Prince George area: First Presbyterian in Fort George (also known as Central Fort George); Knox Presbyterian in South Fort George; St. Andrew's Presbyterian in Prince George; and First Methodist in Prince George. By 1922, all of these congregations came to be amalgamated into a single congregation: Knox Presbyterian Church. In that same year, the congregation dedicated its new church building at the corner of Brunswick and Fifth Avenue. It entered church union in 1925 as Knox United Church. Since then, it has constituted a single point pastoral charge in Cariboo Presbytery. A new church was built at 1448 Fifth Avenue, and dedicated on May 19, 1957.

Name of creator

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of guest books, marriage records, baptism records, church registrars, minutes of various committees within the church, receipts, and expenditures.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: FFG-643

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area