J.H. Perry Department Store

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

J.H. Perry Department Store

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

J.H. Perry Department Store was built around 1890 and it was one of the major department stores in Ladner, BC. It was first owned by H.J. Hutcherson and he sold the store to S.W. Walters in 1912. After Walters, Mr. J.W. Atkey bought the store in 1918 and he sold the store to Mr. R.F. Young who in turn sold it to Mr. J.H. Perry in 1934. Up until that time, the store included a grocery department and was known to many as the "White Store". In 1965, Gordon Peacock bought the store but retained the well known Perry name. The store operated, under different owners, until it was demolished in 1989.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places