Showing 11 results

archival descriptions
Only top-level descriptions Sisters of St. Ann. St. Joseph's Province. Archives Health and social services
Print preview View:

Bulkley Valley District Hospital photograph collection

  • Fonds
  • 1933-1975

The collection consists of b&w photographs and some few coloured transparencies. The graphic material records the area, buildings, and events marking the time that the Sisters were in Smithers.

St. Ann's Hospital (Juneau, Alaska) photograph collection

  • Fonds
  • 1886-1968

The collection is mainly composed of b&w photographs of the area, building, staff, and other personnel. Images record the physical growth of the hospital (exterior and interior), various departments, staff members and activities, such as Hospital Day gatherings and Auxiliary fund-raising teas.

St. Joseph's Hospital (Victoria, B.C.) photograph collection

  • Fonds
  • 1875-1994

The collection documents a century of progress in the nursing field. Some overlap with St. Josephs School of Nursing collection exists. The videotapes are of the chapel services arranged by the pastoral care team (Fairfield Health Centrea section of St. Josephs Hospital that has had a variety of uses).

St. Joseph's School of Nursing (Victoria, B.C.) photograph collection

  • Fonds
  • 1900-1981

The collection consists of graduation photographs: portraits of individuals and groups; some entrance classes, images made in connection with hospital work, a graduation film. Les Spencer negatives are available for many of the photographs, as they arrived in the archives with a number code, corresponding to the photographic print. Most of the collection is from records compiled by the alumnae of the School of Nursing. The Les Spencer fonds contains negatives of the School of Nursing and of St. Josephs Hospital. The Feniak fonds, for conservation purposes, has been incorporated into the class series. The Margaret Sangster fonds remains intact.

St. Martin's Hospital (Oliver, B.C.) photograph collection

  • Fonds
  • 1942-1973

The photographic collection includes images of the First Board of Management (1942), area views, photographs of the exterior and interior of the building, staff, friends, activities, and noteworthy events. Various photographs were taken to record the progress of the building, the opening of various departments, and the current staff members.

St. Mary's Hospital (Dawson, Y.T.) photograph collection

  • Fonds
  • 1898-1963

Images record changes in the area and buildings, show improvements of the grounds, and recall significant hospital and civic events. Other b & w photographs are of hospital personnel, visitors, residents. Some coloured transparencies are included in the collection.

Skagway Sanatorium photograph collection

  • Fonds
  • 1945-1947

The collection helps document the state of the buildings and the efforts to make them comfortable for patients. The b&w photographs portray the Skagway area and buildings, personnel, and Sitka. Some coloured transparencies record Sitka scenery.

Mount St. Francis Hospital photograph collection

  • Fonds
  • 1947-1996

The collection consists of photographs of the area, the exterior and interior of the buildings, images of the staff (various years) and other persons involved with ongoing projects. Recent acquisitions are portraits of Lillian Mae Curtis McKim and Walter J. McKim, owners, operators of the McKim Poultry Farm (became Mount St. Francis property). Some images are result of newspaper publicity.