Collection consists of photographs and wallpaper samples taken by Nanaimo Community Archives staff during renovations to Beban House in 1996. Beban House was built in the 1930s by Frank Beban. Beban arrived in Nanaimo from his native New Zealand around 1908 and worked in the mines. He made his wealth, however, as a sawmill owner. Beban House was built on 160 acres in Northfield and cost $25,000. Today, the house is used by Tourism Nanaimo and other community organizations. Photographs are views of the upstairs portion only of Beban House.