Showing 2 results

archival descriptions
Church of Our Lord fonds Community life
Print preview View:

Ministry and programs series

Series consists of six sub-series: A. Services, 1895-2004; B. Marriage, baptism, confirmation and burial, 1874-2008; C. Sunday School, 1924-1939, 1989; D. Missions and outreach, 1975-1999; E. Publications, 1930-2003; F. Fellowship gatherings, after 1947, predominant after 1990.
Services sub-series includes bulletins, sermons, registers, service records and lectionary bible.
Missions and outreach series includes both local and international initiatives. Publications are directories and newsletters.

Committees and groups series

Series consists of four subseries: A. Youth groups, 1920-1949; B. Women’s groups, 1925-1999; C. The Missionary Guild, 1954-2006; D. Other committee and groups, 1930-2005.

Youth groups are the Beaver Club, 1920-1921, and the Young Peoples Department, 1923-1949. Women’s groups are the Ladies Aid, 1925-1983, the Mary and Martha Guild, 1964-1983, and the Women’s Auxiliary, 1983-1999. The Mary and Martha Guild and the Ladies' Aid group merged to become the Womens' Auxiliary in 1983. Women’s groups sub-series consists of minute books, account books, daybooks, financial records, reports, notes and other. Missionary Guild records include minute books, correspondence, photographs, donation records, financial records and publications. Correspondence is administrative and financial and includes letters from missionaries Muriel Harmon and Bob & Sue Pritchard.

Other committee and groups sub-series includes: Management Committee of Cridge Memorial Hall, 1930-1941; Rectory and Repair Fund, 1953-1959; Broadcasting and Radio Fund, 1959-1962; Music Committee, 1969-1971; Worship and Witness Committee, 1970; Building and Finance Committee, 1977-1981, Chancel Guild, 1986-1989, Library, ca.1990, Prayer Group, 1991-1994; COOL coffee house, 1997; Ministry of Verger, 1999-2001; Companionship Guild, 2000; Men's Breakfast, 2000-2003; Thrift Store, 2003-2005.