Fonds - Hazelmere United Church (Surrey, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Hazelmere United Church (Surrey, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA UCCBC

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1949-1994 (Creation)
    Creator
    Hazelmere United Church (Surrey, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

8.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

In the Hazelmere (formerly Hall's Prairie) area, a Methodist church was built in 1905. It became part of the Cloverdale and Langley Circuit of Westminster District of the Methodist Church. This Circuit included such stations as Langley, Milner, Cloverdale and Sumas. By 1912, the church was known as Hazelmere Methodist Church. Often the church was served in the early days by theological students from Columbian Methodist College, New Westminster. Later, Hazelmere Methodist Church was served by the ministers from White Rock. From 1922 to 1925, the minister from the Cloverdale Methodist Church served Hazelmere Methodist Church. Since the time of church union in 1925, Hazelmere United Church has been a part of the Cloverdale Pastoral Charge. Hazelmere United Church was with Westminster Presbytery from 1925 to 1959 and has been in Fraser Presbytery since that time.

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of Official Board minutes, reports and correspondence (1983-1994), Congregational Meetings minutes (1984-1993); Canadian Girls in Training minutes (1949-1951); and Annual reports (1958-1993).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-290

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres