Fonds - Hammond United Church (Maple Ridge, B.C.) fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Hammond United Church (Maple Ridge, B.C.) fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1890-2012 (Creation)
    Creator
    Hammond United Church (Maple Ridge, B.C.)

Physical description area

Physical description

1.38 m of textual records
ca. 500 photographs : col.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1896-2012)

Administrative history

Hammond United Church began as Hammond Presbyterian Church in association with St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Haney. Both Haney and Hammond (now Port Hammond) are in Maple Ridge District Municipality. Services began in 1896 and a church was built in 1910. After Church Union in 1925 there were three pastoral charges in the immediate area, Haney, Hammond, and Maple Ridge. The Maple Ridge Circuit was closed in 1926 and members transferred to either Haney or Hammond. Pitt Meadows and Websters Corners were attached to the Hammond charge at this time. In 1930 the charges were rearranged to form the Hammond-Coquitlam Pastoral Charge, comprising Hammond and Pitt Meadows congregations. Another rearrangement in 1937 brought Hammond United Church into association with St. Andrew's (Haney) once again, under the name of Haney-Hammond Pastoral Charge. In 1960, Hammond and Pitt Meadows became a two-point Pastoral Charge. Placed in Fraser Presbytery with that Presbytery's formation in 1959, Hammond-Pitt Meadows was transferred to Westminster Presbytery in 1981. In 2000 Hammond and Pitt Meadows became two separate Pastoral Charges. Hammond amalgamated with St. Andrew's (Haney) in 2012 to form Golden Ears United Church.

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records from Hammond United Church and Maple Ridge Circuit Methodist Church, Agassiz, Westminster Junction, Pitt Meadows, and Websters Corners. Records include Baptismal register (1955-2012); Marriage registers (1920-2012); Burial register (1987-2012); Circuit register (1890-1940); Board and committee records (1908-2012); Women's group records (1943-1986); Men's group records (1960-1968); Sunday school records (1927-1968); Correspondence and subject files (1947-1963); Financial records (1911-2012); Policy and procedures (1996-2007); Annual reports (1958-2011); and Photographs and memorabilia (1982-2012).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Records were transferred to the Archives by Hammond United Church. Dates of early transfers not established; final transfer occurred December 2014.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

File list available. Online Finding Aid

Associated materials

Accruals

No further accruals expected

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: UCCBC-193

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

MAP HA

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Rules for Archival Description

Status

Final

Level of detail

Full

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Revised May 4, 2016

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area