214 S. Copper Street
Sponsor: Greenwood Heritage Society
The holdings depict the rise of the Greenwood Mining District in the Boundary area. Developments of Phoenix, Eholt, Deadwood, Boundary Falls, and Greenwood camps are featured along with logging and farming and a small collection of Japanese heritage from the evacuation of 1942. Holdings include photographs, local newspapers, microfiche, maps, a replica of B.C. Copper Company smelter, and various artifacts.
Total Volume: approx. 266 linear meters<br /> Inclusive Dates: 1890s to present<br /> Predominant Dates: 1897-1950
<a target=newpage href="http://www.greenwoodmuseum.com/archives.html">Website</a> provides information about the <a target=newpage href="http://www.greenwoodmuseum.com/Archives-info/archives_information_page_1.htm">holdings</a> and activities of the Archives at the Greenwood Museum. Site includes historical information about Greenwood and the Boundary area and information about the Greenwood Heritage Society.
Seven days per week. May-June, 10:00-16:00 , July-August, 9:00-17:00 , September-October, 10:00-16:00
Revised by BCANS Coordinator, Nov 30, 2010.