Grace United Church (Hedley, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Grace United Church (Hedley, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The earliest Methodist work in the Hedley area began when services by the minister from Keremeos were held beginning in 1891. In 1904, Grace Methodist Church in Hedley was opened. Until church union in 1925, Hedley was reported separately, but was supplied with their clergy from Keremeos. Presbyterian work in the Hedley area was carried on from Princeton (1902), and later from Keremeos (1906). The Presbyterians and Methodists worked closely together in Hedley, and Hedley was constituted as a Union congregation in 1923. A church was built at Keremeos in 1908 and was used cooperatively. After Church Union, the Keremeos Pastoral Charge included Hedley, Keremeos, Cawston, and various other points in the district. In 1985, the Keremeos Pastoral Charge (including Grace United, Hedley) became a part of the Keremeos Ecumenical Parish, a shared ministry with the Anglican Church. Grace United Church, Hedley is a part of the Kamloops-Okanagan Presbytery.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places