Gordon United Church (Victoria, B.C.)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Gordon United Church (Victoria, B.C.)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Informal worship services of Langford United Church began a hall in the Langford area of Victoria in December 1951. An Official Board was constituted in April 1952. In May 1956, the congregation voted to change their name to Gordon United Church, in honour of the Rev. C.W. Gordon (Ralph Connor). A church building was constructed and dedicated in October, 1956.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC