Fonds - Enderby Evangelical Chapel fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Enderby Evangelical Chapel fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA EDM

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1908-2008 (Creation)
    Creator
    Enderby Evangelical Chapel

Physical description area

Physical description

13 cm textual records;4 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Enderby First Baptist Church was established October 6, 2007 in connection with the Baptist Convention of Western Canada. The group met in the Loyal Orange Lodge Hall and the old Presbyterian Church before it built its own church on George Street in 1909.The group was active with the Missionary Circle and had frequent speakers from various missions. Organizations included men's and women's groups, various choirs, youth groups and prayer groups throughout the years. Youth attended Sunnybrae Bible Camp and Gardom Lake Bible Camp. In 1970 an educational wing was built to the west of the church. The old church was torn down and the congregation held church services in the auditorium of the new school. In 1972 the Baptist Church became Enderby Evangelical Chapel. August 2007 the church celebrated its centennial in Enderby with three days of activities.

Custodial history

Annemieke Loohouizen was involved in the 2007 centennial celebrations of the church. She created displays and wrote a history of the church since its inception. In the process of this activity she located and collected some important documents which she felt should be housed in a safe place. The church trustees approved of donating them to the museum.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records and ephemera found in the Evangelical Chapel during the centennial celebrations. Includes a history of the church written by Kurt Schubert (1990), a history with photographs of the church written by Annimieke Loohouizen for the centennial celebrations (2008), a program and bookmark from the anniversary celebrations (2007), a minute book of the Enderby First Baptist Church (1907-1969), the First Baptist Church covenant, 14 hymn books, 3 song books, and 19 Christmas programs (1936-1972), inkwell, newspaper clippings.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: EDM-3752

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres