The Enderby and District Museum was established in 1973 and moved to its present location in 1987, when it began to acquire archival records of Enderby and district, including Mara to the north, the Spallumcheen Indian reserve to the south, Mabel Lake to the east, and Deep Creek to the west.
Records management and collecting policies
The primary focus of the museum collection is the social and industrial development of the City of Enderby and surrounding district from 1860 to the present. The area served is in the North Okanagan, bounded by Mara Lake to the north, Mabel Lake and Trinity Valley to the east, Spallumcheen to the south, and Deep Creek to the west. The holdings include maps, photographs, sound cassettes, textual records (diaries, letters, minutes, manuscripts, ledgers, etc.), local newspapers, clipping files, and a reference library.