Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
The first newspaper in Enderby, the 'Edenograph', was established in 1904 by H.M. Walker. It was variously known as the 'Enderby Progress', 'Enderby Press and Walker's Weekly', and 'Okanagan Commoner'. In March 1930 it was re-named the 'Enderby Commoner' by H.M. Walker. Owners included H.M. Walker, H. Fraser, Frank Rouleau, and J.D. Tucker. J.E. Jamieson & Sons of Armstrong purchased the 'Enderby Commoner' from J.D. Tucker in 1949. James Jamieson and his son, Jack Jamieson maintained an office in Enderby from 1949 to 1988 and employed a series of reporters. In August 1988 he sold to John and Kathy Watt. In 1994 Andrew Yeates and Lisa McKnight-Yeats purchased the newspaper partnership with the publishers of 'Kelowna Capital News'. By August of 2001 the 'Enderby Commoner' had closed its doors. A new community newspaper, 'The North Valley Echo', began publication in 2001 by owners Duncan and Maureen Walker and editor, Jackie Pearase.