Fonds - Enderby and District Memorial Hospital Auxiliary fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Enderby and District Memorial Hospital Auxiliary fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA EDM

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1935-1994 (Creation)
    Creator
    Enderby and District Memorial Hospital Auxiliary

Physical description area

Physical description

78 cm of textual records;2 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Enderby Hospital Auxiliary was formed in 1910 to aid the small cottage hospital in Enderby with its linens and food. It disbanded in 1916 when a public hospital run by a male board of directors was built, but was revived at their request in 1920. The name was changed to the Enderby and District Memorial Hospital Auxiliary after the second hospital was built in 1952. The hospital auxiliary became a member of the provincial organization, now called the British Columbia Association of Hospital Auxiliaries, when it was formed in the 1940s. The objectives of the auxiliary were to add to the comfort and welfare of hospital patients and to raise funds for items need by the Enderby and District Memorial Hospital. The hospital auxiliary became a registered charity in 1981 and formally disbanded in December 1993 when members found it difficult to attract new and younger volunteers and when provincial hospital boards became reorganized under a new structure.

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

Fonds consists of records created by members in the course of business. Includes minutes, membership lists, correspondence, annual reports, lists and brochures of equipment donated to the hospital, committee lists, financial reports, and scrapbooks for the Hospital Auxiliary, Hospital Board and Parview Place. It also includes the constitutions of the Enderby and District Memorial Hospital Auxiliary and related provincial organizations.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Series level descriptions are available.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

BCAUL control number: EDM-411

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area